There is nothing as personal in one’s life as their own living space. Whether small or big, everyone does their best to make it feel like home. The interior designing industry has something entirely perfect for everyone, from pillow covers to wardrobe designs; all you need to do is find what most feels like a reflection of your personality and put it together as per your imagination. After all, who doesn’t want their house to look the best? However, when you aren’t very experienced in designing, you are often ignorant to many easy tips that can quickly transform your home. So, here are eight tricks to elevate your space:
- Pillow Covers: Pillow covers for your pillows are often chosen without much thought, but the colours, patterns, and fabrics all add to your house’s overall look. Choose cotton, silk or satin pillow covers to avoid any adverse effects on your skin and hair.
- Curtains: It’s a well-known fact that high ceilings are a very sophisticated aspect of any house. However, if you don’t have high ceilings, the best thing to do is hang your curtains higher above the usual area. This creates an illusion of higher ceilings and makes your windows look more prominent.
- Lights: Put some thought into your lights as it’s one of the main things that will significantly impact your mood. Choose soft, mellow lights as these are easy on the eyes and have a calming effect.
- Comfort: It’s prevalent that when designing a house, one gets too wrapped up in making it aesthetically pleasing and forgets that comfort comes first. Whatever you do, make sure everything is upto your standards of comfort and just how you like. Create cosy nooks and corners throughout the house for added comfort.
- Organisation: The surroundings we reside in impact our abilities to do certain things, so make an organised space for everything. For entertainment, work, relaxing, spending time with friends – everything needs its own space.
- Paint: Follow a good colour scheme and stick to it. Don’t be scared to use dark colour for your walls. Dark walls with pops of light decor make for a highly inviting room.
- Furniture: Furniture takes up a lot of space in expenditure, but you can save a ton by recycling your old pieces. All you need to do is re-paint and polish them for brand new looking furniture.
- Outdoor: However big or small your outdoor space/balcony may be, keep some plants there, a cosy chair and make the most of it. It’s the best way to lift your mood and keep you in high spirits.
Remember to experiment with every pillow cover, every piece of decor you put in your house till you find something you like best. Designing your home with these simple tricks will give it a professional and elevated edge. Start browsing for pillow covers and other exciting decor items to create your ideal home! You can find many great items online that will fit right into your idea of the best space.